We had an absolute blast setting up our artist's work in Art-In-the-Barn for this year's Concours de la Chapelle gala in Paradise. Check out the video below to see the barn transform or watch us work really, really quickly.
We are often asked how to put together a gallery or art groupings.
Answer: There is no one-way. Hang in there, we’ve got you.
Hanging new artwork is a special kind of rewarding feeling, but it can also be a daunting task.
Unless you ask for an installation where our expert hanger will give his input on where your art would look best, we have some tips for you.
If you’re adding new pieces to your space or are in the middle of freshening up your humble abode, we have solutions.
Thing to Consider:
Weight of each framed artwork or art piece. You want a good balance of large and small pieces, that includes the size and width of the frame.
- Your space. With gallery walls there is no such thing as over crowding, but spacing each piece to have enough breathing room will alleviate a squished look and feel.
- Perspective. Keep artwork at eye-level so you and your guests can enjoy the beautiful pieces of art.
Types of Arrangements:
Styles of artwork:
- Mix various styles of frames
- Incorporate three dimensional artwork or objects
- It's OK to include lamps or other pieces of furniture into your gallery wall layout.
- Map out your arrangement with sheets of paper the same size as your artwork before putting a bunch of holes in your wall.
- Start with your largest piece of artwork and work around that piece.
- If you can't eye-ball the spacing, measure it.
- And lastly, take a few steps back and admire your handy work.
If all else fails and you're stuck, give us a call at the gallery, we're happy to help! 530-891-0900.